Unlock the Secret to Diwali Delights
With the onset of the month of October, two things we all cherish & crave for all year around arrive – the festival of Diwali & the cold weather!
While thinking of gifting ideas, decorations, and card parties create the usual hullabaloo till we finally reach the day of the festival, there’s one thing which always stays on top of the list – giving in to the greedy god within us. Apart from visiting our buas, didis, maasis & maamis for presenting them with boxes full of dry fruits, crockery & scented candles, we all look forward to devouring the ladoos, mathris & namakpaare made by them especially to celebrate the onset of Diwali & the winter.
Well, since all your loved ones will be visiting you as well to taste the eccentric flavours which you like to fill the kitchen with, let’s give you the easiest & the tastiest recipes to start with!
Here are four appetisers you can whip up to get the party started –
|Ingredients||For 4 persons|
|Packaged Idli Mix (MTR)||1 pack (small)|
|Dish||Microwave safe Idli Mould|
To make an authentic Rawa Idli, prepare the batter as per the instructions on the pack and lightly grease a microwave safe idli mould.
Then pour spoonful of batter into the mould to fill ¾th the capacity. Once that is done, add 125 ml water in the plate of the idli mould and place it inside the microwave oven.
- Select Auto Cook Category “Breakfast – bF 04” in your Magicook Microwave.
- Select number of servings by pressing “Serves 2 / 3 / 4” and press start.
- Once the oven starts to beep, place the mould filled with the batter over a plate of hot water. Cover with the lid and press start.
- Remove when ‘END’ is displayed.
Now, allow the dish to stand for 5 minutes before serving this lip-smacking dish.
Set the plate with hot sambhar and coconut chutney and you are ready to go.
Chilli Cheese Toast
|Ingredients||For 4 persons|
|Processed Cheese||100 grams|
|Butter, melted||45 grams|
|Onions, finely chopped||3 tablespoons|
|Green Chillies, finely chopped||1 teaspoon|
Here’s another mouth-watering starter for those who like a bit of spice. Follow 6 easy steps to make Chilli Cheese Toast:
- Mix all ingredients into a smooth paste and apply it on the bread slices.
- Place 4 slices of bread on the ‘Grilling Rack’ and insert it into the oven cavity.
- Select Auto Cook Category “Breakfast – bF 21” on you Magicook Microwave.
- Select number of servings by pressing “Serves 2 / 3 / 4”.
- Press start and wait till the oven beeps.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining slices.
Lastly, cut into wedges and have it fresh and hot.
After a couple of mouth-watering starters, all that is left is to find a sweet way to end your Diwali celebration! Let’s make way for Dry Fruit Kheer and Pista Barfi.
We always have a room for dessert, don’t we? Try your hands at Pista Burfi.
|Pista Essence||few drops|
To begin with, place the sugar and khoya in a dish. After mixing it well, place the dish inside the oven cavity.
- Select Auto Cook Category “Desserts – dE 09” on your Magicook Microwave.
- Select number of servings by pressing “Serves 2 / 3 / 4” and wait till the oven displays ‘END’.
Now lightly grease a thali/metal tray with ghee to avoid stickiness and mix in the essence. Pour the mixture, level and sprinkle with pistachio nuts and allow to set in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 hours.
Cut into burfis and serve your family and friends.
Dry Fruit Kheer
Put together this usually time consuming recipe in just a few minutes with the recipe we’ve got for you.
|Ingredients||For 4 Persons|
|Rice (Basmati)||100 grams|
|Green Cardamom||1 teaspoon|
|Dish Size||2.5 litre|
Wash and soak the rice in water for an hour – drain and set it aside. Now pour the milk in a dish and add rice and saffron to it.
- Place the dish inside the oven cavity.
- Select Auto Cook Category “Desserts – dE 12” on your Magicook Microwave.
- Select number of servings by pressing “Serves 2 / 3 / 4” and press start
- Stir when the oven starts to beep and press start again till the oven displays ‘END’
Once the mixture is out of the oven, add sugar, raisins, essence and cardamom powder and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Cool it at room temperature and garnish with chopped nuts.
Now that you’re ready to host the perfect Diwali-cum-card party, why not be the best chef this time? 😉