6 Easy, no-cooking required recipes to beat the heat this summer! Using the freshest fruits and vegetables from your Whirlpool Protton refrigerator.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad: 382 calories1 cup spinach1 cup strawberries, sliced1 thick slice fresh mozzarella cheese2 tablespoons pine nuts1 cup broccoli:1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 squeeze lemon juice Add all the ingredients to a bowl, mix them up, chill for 20 minutes, and enjoy the freshness!
- Sprout n’ Spinach Salad: 381 calories.2 cups baby spinach1/2 avocado, diced1 handful sprouts:1/2 orange bell pepper, diced:1/2 carrot, grated:2 tablespoons hummus mixed with 1 tablespoons olive oil Perfect for a summer afternoon brunch.
- Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Salad: 345 calories.Try this because the health benefits of tomatoes are endless, including helping reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and certain cancers.3 thick slices fresh mozzarella cheese2 plum tomatoes, sliced3 basil leaves1 tablespoon olive oil1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar This will take you no more than 5 minutes to make!
- Ham, Pear, and Swiss Sandwich: 395 calories2 slices whole-wheat bread3 slices deli ham1 slice Swiss cheese1/2 pear, sliced1 teaspoon honey mustard This is an unusual combination, but works well together. Deli ham is leaner than pork, but still packed with protein. Choose a low-sodium version if you are overly careful.
- Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes: 162 calories4 large tomatoes2 cans of Tuna fish,2 stalks celery, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced2 tablespoon olives, roughly chopped1 tablespoon olive oil1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Slice of the top of each tomato. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and pulp. Roughly chop the pulp place in a large bowl.
- Add the tuna, celery, olives, oil, vinegar, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, and toss to combine; fold in the parsley.
- Spoon the tuna mixture into the tomatoes. Serve with the tops.
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Tomatoes and Peppers: 162 Calories3 tablespoons olive oil2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar1 clove garlic, finely chopped1 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar Kosher salt Pepper
2 cans of black-eyed peas, rinsed
2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 jalapeño (seeded for less heat, if desired), finely chopped
1/2 cup(s) roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Add the peas, tomatoes, bell pepper, and jalapeño and toss to coat; fold in the parsley.
Now have the yummiest feast, in the comfort of your own home! With the Whirlpool Protton refrigerator with the unique 6th sense Active fresh technologies of Freshkeeper and Microblock, you’ll never run out of fresh fruits and veggies!